We prefer, where possible, for artwork to be supplied to Dobson’s as a press ready PDF. For best output efficiency, check you have:
- Spell checked document
- File size is correct
- Bleed (3mm outside trim)
- All trim, fold & bleed marks have been indicated and included on file
- Use Press PDF settings or Dobson’s PDF settings for best results
- Fonts embedded in a PDF or .EPS (or outlined in an EPS)
- All colours are in CMYK or spot colours where applicable (Not RGB)
- All images are no less that 300 dpi at 100% (350dpi max)
Distiller Settings (job options): Always use Adobe Acrobat Distiller where possible. Dobson’s Distiller setting can be downloaded from the links provided under the 'PDF creation guide' tab.
Line screen (lpi): Dobson’s standard line screen ruling, for offset print is 175 lines per inch
Line thickness minimum line thickness: 0.5pt.
Trapping: Do not set trapping
Black: Avoid using four colour blacks in vector files – but do use rich black (40C 30M 30Y 100K) for a deep black.
Die cuts: Please supply a separate file for your die cut shape in 1 spot colour. This should be supplied in the exact position as the as the artwork using the trim marks. This should also be set to overprint.